History

Château de Courbevaux was built in the early 1900’s for Emanuelle de Sainville and his wife.  Unfortunately she passed away before it was ever completed and Sainville never remarried.  The château has changed owners a few times since then; the last residents were the Paroux family.  Sadly the property fell into disrepair when the matriarch of the family passed on.  It was abandoned and squatters caused a lot of destruction when they broke out the majority of the windows.  The longer Courbevaux stood empty, the worse things got.  Now the castle stands open to the elements, degrading further and further as time wears on.

An enthusiast of the château has made a wonderful website on it’s history.  Please read his work for a very complete look at Château de Courbevaux’s past.

 

click on the photograph to read further